The proposed German law on due diligence in supply chains, “Lieferkettengesetz” (LKG) is planned to come into force in 2023. The law obliges German companies to be legally accountable for their global supply chain.
PFI Fareast, a sustainable supply chain solutions provider with a long history of 65 years in the industry, and cads, the cooperation for assuring defined standards for shoe and leather goods production are jointly organising the conference. “Guide to Lieferkettengesetz – Building Responsible Global Supply Chains” will take place on Thursday 20th May at 09:00 am CEST/ 03:00 pm HKT.
The online conference will bring together advisors from the German government, NGOs, brands, associations and thought leaders, to provide attendees valuable insights into the German Due Diligence Law. The event will be entirely free to attend, but registration is required.
Throughout the virtual conference, attendees will hear from industry leaders, experts and stakeholders about the changes to the market landscape and potential opportunities brought by the German Due Diligence Law. Together they will discuss the challenges and outline recommendations for its global implementation.
- Carolin Seeger, Business and Human Rights Expert for the Helpdesk Business & Human Rights, Agency for Business & Development
- Berndt Hinzmann, Spokesman, Change Your Shoes
- Juliane Michel, Head of Corporate Responsibility, Isa-Traesko
- William Wong, Vice President, Hong Kong Footwear Association
- Ines Anderie, Head of the chemistry department, PFI Germany
- Karl Borgschulze, Managing Director, Consulting Service International
- Manfred Junkert, Managing Director, cads
- Kelly Cooper, Associate Director of Sustainability, PFI Fareast
- Gerhard Nickolaus, Managing Director, PFI Fareast
Additional speakers and organisations will be announced in the coming weeks. Up-to-date information on the event agenda and experts presenting, as well as the infographic about what we know about the German Supply Chain Law so far, can be found on International Lieferkettengesetz Conference website at https://pfi.hk/events/the-international-lieferkettengesetz-conference/.
Please stay tuned with the conference updates. Save your spots here.